Sunday, November 06, 2016

Mom Is Abruptly Kicked Off Of Her Flight. Little Does She Know It’s For Her Own Good

When the airline company Southwest learned something personal about one of the passengers on their flight, they stopped the plane and kicked her off. And it ended up being one of the most awesome things they could have done for her.
While Peggy Uhle was on the plane ready to take off from Chicago, Illinois to catch a connecting flight in Columbus, Ohio, the plane stopped on the tarmac and returned to the gate. The flight attendant approached Uhle and told her to get off the flight.

Uhle assumed she had been on the wrong plane, but Southwest Airlines had something much better planned for this mother…
“I figured I was on the wrong plane,” Uhle said. “The gate agent told me to check in at the desk and when I did she told me to call my husband.”
But the real reason Southwest kicked Uhle off the flight was amazing:

Southwest had learned that Uhle’s son was in a coma. And they wanted to give the mother a faster flight to go see him.

Uhle’s husband had told her that her son, who lives in Denver, Colorado, had suffered a horrific head injury and was in an coma…
Before Uhle was even off the flight, Southwest had booked her a direct flight to Denver on her behalf. Uhle hadn’t even talked to their customer service department…

“The gate attendant already knew the situation and had booked me on a direct flight to Denver that was leaving in the next two hours,” Uhle told Boarding Area.

Uhle was not charged anything extra for her upgrade. Because the airline understood her emergency, they wanted to use their services to help her visit her injured boy.

“They offered a private waiting area, rerouted my luggage, allowed me to board first, and packed a lunch for when I got off the plane in Denver,” Uhle said. “My luggage was delivered to where I was staying, and I even received a call from Southwest asking how my son was doing.”

Apparently, Southwest Airlines cares about their customers.

Southwest has had numerous slogans since their company but their latest one fits this situation perfectly: “If It Matters To You, It Matters To Us.”

Was there a better way for Southwest Airlines to embody this slogan than to assist a mother who desperately wanted to visit her son? The visit matter to her so Southwest made sure it mattered to them too.

Obviously, Uhle was impressed with the service she received while flying Southwest Airlines.

“The care that I was shown is second to none,” Uhle said. “We have always liked Southwest Airlines and now we can’t say enough good things about them.”
And the direct flight to Denver came just in time. Uhle’s son is still recovering.
“My son suffered a traumatic brain injury and continues to recover,” Uhle said.

http://awm.com/mom-is-abrubtly-kicked-off-of-her-flight-little-does-she-know-its-for-her-own-good-2/?utm_medium=partners&utm_source=lifeaspire

No comments:

Post a Comment